Monday, February 15, 2010

Book Club: Month One

Hey all! So, we are really doing this! I hope that many people join us throughout our journey through books, but if not, oh well! We'll have fun even if it's just a few of us.

Here's how this will work. I am the administrator of the blog, meaning I can change the background and that sort of stuff. But, I believe I can make various "authors". That means that each of you can become an author, at least until we have used up all of the spots. I am pretty sure you can have up to 25, but I'm not positive. I'll find out more about that when I finish writing this.

After I put you as authors, you can add posts just like this!

I'm thinking we'll read a book a month, and we can take turns choosing the book. For our first book, I want to give you some options, vote, then we'll start. So, here are the choices:

1. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Fiction: love story meets intrigue. I've heard it's great. And when we're done, we could watch the movie.

2. A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton. This is a mystery book that begins Sue Grafton's alphabet series. I've actually started reading this already, but haven't finished it yet. It's a good "whodunit" book.

3. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. This is a memoir/nonfiction book about worlds colliding with a wealthy man and a homeless man. Again, I've heard great things.

4. Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. An intriguing story, that I honestly don't know too much about, except that it's about a monkey? I don't know, but it comes highly recommended too. Very interesting.

5. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Another memoir, this time about a woman who travels around the world in search for significance. Also, highly recommended.

We have some great options here if you ask me! Let me know your vote as soon as you can. I'll let you know our final decision in a week.

Last thought- tell your friends!! Book clubs are more fun with more input and viewpoints from multiple people. Get the word out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in!! I vote for Same Kind of Different as Me but I'm flexible!! I, too, have heard great things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay book clubs! Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete